Following a business-driven approach, Phil and Shannon designed a transformation program that revitalised the Bank’s technology and positioned it to enable its aggressive growth strategy. The program was approved by the Bank’s executive and Board in January 2011 and under the guidance of Phil and Shannon and using key design frameworks, the projects were well executed meeting or exceeding ROI expectations. The final project completed in 2014 and provided the foundation for ME to realise its key business objectives including growth in net profit after tax by about 25% in the 12 months after the Program completed while holding costs relatively flat.
Phil and Shannon were accountable for and lead the complete end-to-end strategy, design and delivery, including:
- Strategic Business Outcomes Statement;
- Business Capability Model (BCM) – used to focus conversations through heat maps depicting various organisational attributes such as technology spend and strategic intent;
- Current State application and capability assessment;
- Target State required to achieve business outcomes
- Solution Roadmap to the target state;
- Strategic Reference Architectures and Design Principles covering all technology domains.
Across all solution areas such as Core Banking replacement, Origination, Integration Services, Security Services, Data warehousing and Insight, Business process management to support customer onboarding and account origination, automated document generation and delivery:
Program and Architecture governance bodies and processes to oversee decisions, alignment and delivery;
Options analysis and selection of Technologies and Vendors, including RFP’s for material services.
Defined Implementation Strategy
- Defined master data management and data migration strategies
- Defined product migration strategy
- Decommission strategy for legacy systems
- Change Management Plan: People, Role and Organisation design, including high level training plan
- Test Strategy and Plan
- Integration Strategy; what needs to be integrated and how
- Technical Operation Design
- Infrastructure Design
- Security Design