The Information Management Transformation (IMT) Program was a business initiative that enabled the strategy of transitioning ActewAGL towards a digital enterprise. The Program’s intent was to uplift the organisation’s knowledge management, information sharing, collaboration and data capabilities. It introduced SharePoint Online as its new content management and collaboration platform with an innovative and more user-friendly intranet. This included improved team sites, tailored user training and an information governance and support structure.
ActewAGL is Australia’s first multi-utility to offer electricity, natural gas, and services. ActewAGL comprises two joint ventures: a retail joint venture between AGL Energy and ACTEW Corporation and a distribution joint venture between Singapore Power and ACTEW Corporation. ActewAGL provides utility services in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and south-east New South Wales.
In parallel, an Information Management and Governance stream was progressively rolled out across the organisation. 9Yards assisted in the production of key requirements such as:
- Information and governance frameworks;
- Information and governance training material;
- Organisation design charter;
- User adoption and change planning and roadmaps;
- Target state information and data reference architectures;
- RFP production and evaluation process for the Collaboration Project;
- Business cases for each stage of the program;
- Conceptual design architecture for the first phase of the program.
ActewAGL’s strategic priority is to deliver safe, reliable energy in an environment that is constantly evolving due to industry and technology trends.